Noah Morris Ph.D
Mathematics and Statistics
Specific Fields of Interest:
- Mathematics Education – A specific interest in how language and culture affect the learning of mathematics (Phd from the University of Haifa)
- Statistics – I try to lead my life according to Bayesian decision theory (MA from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem).
- Mathematics – I have a specific interest in the History of Mathematics and love numbers (BA from the University of Warwick, UK).
- Researcher at the Agricultural R&D Station – Southern Arava.
- Researcher at the Dead Sea and Arava Science Centre
- Lecturer in the Arava Institute for Environmental Science (Environmental Science and Statistical Thinking)
- How the weather affects the agricultural production of maghool dates.
- The aquifers in the Southern Arava – trends and suggestions for policy for sustainable use.
- The effect of language and culture on how people learn/understand mathematics.
- Stability and diversity in different ecosystems
- The sustainability of Acacia trees in the South of Israel – analysis of data collected over the last twenty years..
- A Kalman Filter Approach to the Forecasting of Monthly Time Series Affected by Moving Festivals, Journal of Time Series Analysis, vol. 5, No. 4. 1983.
- Probability, Uncertainty and the Tongan Way, Proceedings of PME 2014.
- How Language and Culture Affect the Learning of Fractions: A Case Study in the Kingdom of Tonga. Proceedings of the fourth ERME topic conference: Classroom-based research on Mathematics and Language 2018.